September 21, 2008

Dear God

Dear God,
       My name is Micah Ibe and I am seven years old. I know you already know that, my mummy and daddy say you know EVERYTHING and you can see EVERYTHING. Mummy and Daddy say I should pray to you and I have but I want to write a letter to you. I don’t know how I will send it to you, but I’ll ask Mummy, she will know. My purpose of writing this letter is to say “Hi” and to thank you for everything you have done for me.
       I’m okay, Chibuzo and Rose are fine too. Daddy says my dead cousin, James has gone to heaven to meet you. Please tell him that I miss him very very very much and I will not forget that time we went to the bar beach together. Please tell him his parents miss him too and I saw his mummy crying even though she pretended not to when I entered the parlour. Please make our dog Bingo find his way home and don’t let any motor jam him. God, I have a question. Mummy said I should ask Mr. Afolabi, my science teacher, but I want to ask you first. How does water enter the sky? What makes the sound of thunder? How did you make breeze? How is it that every body’s face look different even though everybody has the same thing on their face(I mean eyes, ear, nose and mouth)? How do babies come? I asked mummy that one but she looked at me somehow. Rose says these are stupid questions but I really want to know the answer. Please help me to stop peeing on the bed, I can’t do it alone. Rose laughs at me everytime. Please help me to stop being afraid of rats too. Please protect my family so nobody dies again. Please help daddy get promoted at work, he talks about it everytime and prays about it in the morning during devotion. I really hope this gets to you. How will you reply? I'll ask mummy.

Yours sincerely,
Micah

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Micah is literally a young lad. What a Questionaire he is! Evidently, everyone, one way or another, has asked a question or two similar to that of Micah's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to meet you...this letter is so innocent yet on point. well done and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, Osondu. I was reading Lamb's She's Come Undone yesterday and that's the questions Dolores keeps asking Jeanette. I think you should read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interestingly awesome... Hmmm Micah a boy with a heart filled with unanswered questions... am trying out to read burma boy by biyi bandele... bt am nt able to....
    y? side attractions...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much Parakeet, I would love to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Thanks ONyeka. Hopefully i will be able to get that book without much wahala.

    @Igwe, thanks. I understand why you can't concentrate, but try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micha's one curious kid. I guess his innocent questions represent those questions that plagues us. Btw, Mr. Afolabi better be a gud science teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Afolabi for stopping by. I don't think I know the answers to all of those questions myself...(laugh. Maybe those are my questions...maybe...

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Nera John

    Thank you very much. I appreciate the fact that you commented after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Du bist fantastisch!
    Anyway, remember I am the only one who knows you are not as innocent as your stories portray.
    Repent or one day soon, I'll blackmail you and dangle the truth in front of your readers.
    Just kiddin...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too good!
    I believe Micah is quite inquisitive which is just so very natural for a lad his age.
    Keeo up the work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Eromo

    Thank you for your comment. Thanks. As for the other stuff you mentioned, I have nothing to hide. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NEVA knew u ad somtin lik ds going on! u were simply amazing!!!

    Are u sure dese questions were nt asked by u? anyway, in case u need ans, u are free to ask me.

    just dont forget dat u wil gt enoff tomgue lashing 4 tellin me late.

    Catch ya in School!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Nina O

    I'm sorry o! I can't remember any Nina sha, but i guess by admitting that i'm getting myself into more trouble. when are you going back to school? Please i want to read more of your comments.

    Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete