March 17, 2008

Dear Beyonce


I was on a bus ride to Nsukka in Enugu State, Nigeria, and on sudden inspiration, used the song titles and lyrics of my favourite songs by Beyonce Knowles (with and without the members of Destiny's Child) to compose a "crush letter" (relative to the renowned "love letter"). What resulted was truly creative. The song titles are the words that are highlighted. Enjoy:

Dear Beyonce,
There’s probably nothing I will write in this letter to you, that you haven’t already heard, so I will be brief. To say I’m crazy in love with you would be an understatement; to say I’m dangerously in love with you would teeter on the truth. Every time I watch you my emotions surge, so I have decided to stand up and say what I feel deep within. Please Listen.

I’m wishing on a star that our paths would cross one sunny day maybe in Hollywood and I would stare into your brown eyes even if it's for a second. You inspire me to be better at what I do, challenge me to reach out for the impossible, that’s why I write this love letter. Such passion, such beauty, such talent! Oh! Beyonce, Beyonce. You are my enigma, my center. I find release in your art, I can’t find no substitute. B, I’m no beautiful liar, I’m no kitty kat. I’m a survivor. I'm a soldier, I’m your soldier. When I watch you on my screen doing your thing, it’s no longer me, myself and I; I’m your baby boy and you are my naughty girl.

Without emasculating myself, I’d never think I’m irreplaceable. I might not be able to upgrade you but I would never degrade you. Girl, I want to cater to you. If you give me the greenlight, I would love you flaws & all.


Lots and lots of love and admiration,
Osondu Nnamdi Awaraka

2 comments:

  1. Nice! You're getting better everyday...I'm proud of you.


    Chinwe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Osondu,
    I know this work is not as easy to create as it is to read...I do appreciate ur creativity....It does really make it very obvious how talented u are....I am indeed full of awe....Please continue the good work....

    ReplyDelete