April 04, 2008

Goodbye Buddy

I'm seated at my desk, searching for words to convey the grief that consumes me. I'm groping blindly and trying to re-live suddenly elusive memories. I'm staring into the vacant, dead to the world, trying to fight the pain that rips my soul apart. I'm trying to fight the tears that cloud my vision.

I'm wishing so many things. I'm wishing I could see you again, hear you laugh raucously. I wish I could tell you how much you affected me, affected us your friends. I wish i could tell you how much you meant to us; I wish I could tell you what losing you has done to me, to us. You were our center, our support, our pride. You were a friend in deed.

I have never been one of many words Tobi, and even if this contained a thousand words, I would still not feel like I have managed to capture you. Grieving for you is tearing my soul, my person. It's breaking my spirit, man. You were more than a friend, you were a brother. I'm wiping my tears and returning to the sitting room where living people are sitting quietly, wiping streaming red eyes and dripping noses, missing you sorely.

2 comments:

  1. Firstly Couz, I want to say this once more, it takes a lot to do what you doing now. This might sound funny to say, but your really motivating me in a way - not going to tell you how, but keep writing. Guess what, I can find my name on Google now just by leaving you a comment. I feel fame coming my way, Laughs.

    ReplyDelete