April 04, 2008

The Woman I Call Mother

Let me tell you all a little about the woman I call "Mother".

"When I stare at my Mother, I see a beautiful, smiling, passionate
and strong willed woman who amazes me constantly. I see a calm,
collected, wonderful, soulful, spiritual lady, who without provoking
me, is able to get through to me, to reach me, to mould me.

I see an industrious caterer, a talented seamstress, a skilled organizer,
an understanding teacher, a marvelous preacher, a wonderful comforter.
I see the kind of woman the Holy Bible in the book of Proverbs chapter 31 describes and verses twenty seven says "does not eat the bread of idleness".

She encourages me to be better, challenges me to reach my peak. She
recognizes I have flaws but forbids me from dwelling on them. She believes in me, sometimes even more than I do.

This is the woman I love, this is the woman I call "Mother" and this is the woman that means everything to me.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is your best piece yet. This is the woman I call mother too and we love her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the woman? I was thinking you will call names since you were referring to your beloved. Anyways,I hope that woman is Dr. Martina Ugorji? Teasing. Nice writing though Sondu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kachi,

    It could be Dr. Martina Ugorji. Our mother's are wonderful and strong women and we should give them credit and show appreciation at every opportunity we get.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your writeup. its quite touching but i left to me i guess the woman should be Dr. Martina Ugorji lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your writeup. its quite touching but i left to me i guess the woman should be Dr. Martina Ugorji lol

    ReplyDelete