February 01, 2009

Reader Recommended Nigerian Bookshops

Irritated because I could not find most of the books I wanted to buy in the bookshops I know, I invited my readers to send me the name and address of good bookshops around them so I could post on my blog. I hope this will help anyone in these areas who has difficulty getting books to read. Here are the responses I got -

ABUJAPen and Pages
Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja

LAGOS
Lanterna VenturesNo. 13 Oko Awo close, Victoria Island

IBADANBook SellersIt’s on Jericho Road (that’s all I got from the contributor. Hopefully it will be easy to spot once you get to that road). The contributor also suggests the open terrace displays of used books on Bank road, in Dugbe, Ibadan.
ONLINE
Iqra Books Nigeria
Here you can order Nigerian titles online or "request a reprint". The contributor says (in a comment on this post) "Iqra will get you any book once the book exists."

I want to thank everyone who bothered to respond to my post. Thank you very much and God Bless. If you want to contribute, just leave your response in the comment box of this post and I will update later on.

8 comments:

  1. Osondu,
    Thanks for this great blogsite.Its very enriching.
    Its always frustrating when you cant find a desired book in the neighbourhood Bookshop.I have been searching for Toni Kan's Night of the Creaking Bed in major Bookshops around me for weeks now.
    Keep the great job on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ AustynZOGS

    Thanks a lot Man. I feel your pain, which is why I began all this. I frequently need to buy books to read and it's so frustrating when i can't find them. I'm still searching for the ideal store in PH.

    Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, very good idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems remarkable idea to me is

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous -

    It is a remarkable idea. There are so many people I know who need that sort of information. A campaign of that sort would need financial backing by some sponsor, but it will be greatly appreciated by Nigerians book lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iqra Bookshop Nigeria
    You can order for the books online, or request for a reprint. Iqra will get you any book once the book exists.. check Iqra Books Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous
    Thanks a lot for your contribution. I will include that in the blog post. Thanks for stopping by and check back again.

    ReplyDelete