May 03, 2008

Her

Between us no love lost
Sitting there with her legs crossed
Chewing gum
Like she’s in the slum
Silent war has begun
She saunters home with straight A’s
I stagger back with heavy C’s
She’s nimble on her feet
To put it simply: I’m heavy
She’s good with her hands
I just can’t settle down to anything
They all love her
They can’t stand me
She’s sweet, I’m a twit
She’s as radiant as I am vagrant
She loves flowers, I think its girlish silliness
She’s slender and as light as a feather,
I’m as dumpy and as light as lead
Different we are like light and darkness,
From the same womb, on the same day
We are two totally different girls
I HATE her.

2 comments:

  1. Nice rhytms, man!
    I swear you would win the Norma Prize with a poem as engaging and vivacious as this.
    I wish I wrote this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant rhythms, sorry...

    ReplyDelete