May 17, 2008

The Reunion

I was outside staring at the dark night sky
The sky looked beautiful, I thought; Mother Moon and daughter Stars
The Lord is Wonderful
I noticed someone staring at me from a distance
And then I heard a name.
That name few call me
Who could this be?

I watched as you came in little cautious steps
I bet you were wondering if it was really I
I saw your face, and my jaw dropped, my eyes widened, my knees nearly gave way
I tried to speak, but I couldn't utter a word
'Oh God' I finally stuttered, 'Is that you? ' I asked quietly, not trusting my eyes.

I ran towards you and clung to you tighter than a drowning man clings to a floating log.
My eyes were fogged.
Your scent was refreshing
'Oh God' was still all I could stutter.
I beheld your face once more and clung to you even tighter.
Someone pinch me, tell me I'm dreaming, say its true
It was true, you had come back to me.
Onlookers stood in little groups whispering and pointing, watching us as we wept on each other's arms.
I wept. You wept. The Moon wept.

I lifted you up and spun you around
I could have reached the stars at that moment
How did I live without you all these years?
'Wipe your tears, please' I begged while they fell from my eyes in torrents
'I will never leave you again'

No comments:

Post a Comment