May 17, 2008

Pent Up

I've known you all my short life
And I can finally say our relationship was ruined by strife
If I was asked to describe you in a few words,
I would choose "exasperating", "domineering" and "disgusting"
There's no way I could really love you
You who are responsible for what I've been through
You who cast a shadow on my happiness, constantly critical of my every effort
I think it's amazing the way people don't see the real you
The You I know

Remember the time you hit me when I was sixteen?
Leaving a gash on my arm and a weal on both my neck and back; and I cried?
Do you know why I cried?
Those were tears of pent-up anger;
Banging my fist against the rough wall,
I wanted to hurt you sooo much
I've never felt that way before
But you were a whale and I a mere flounder
I had to harness my anger

Now I feel like a bird out of it's cage and I must say
Freedom tastes sweet, it feels great
After so many years I have decided to pen this down
The first two times I tried, I used too many pages and too many swear words
I have asked the Lord to forgive me for my thoughts
If he doesn't, you're the reason

2 comments:

  1. Is this autobiography or pure fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poetry is so plain, that it is easily understood. I suggest you use sparse verses because they say a lot more than longer ones.

    It was OK, anyway!

    ReplyDelete